Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend in Oklahoma

The boys and I jumped in the car one morning and made the 4 hour drive up to Oklahoma to see Nana & Pawpaw. We had a good, but rather windy visit. I couldn't believe the wind while we were up there! It was crazy!

Jonathan found a home in the little rocking chair Nana had gotten out for the boys. I believe he was enjoying a little Backyardigans while Matt finished up his nap.



The weekend before our visit was Nana's birthday and since Matt loves a birthday celebration, balloons, cupcakes and all, we celebrated while we were there. We got her a crown and everything. She was a great sport.


Matt's getting the smile down, but now we have to work on where to look!


Enjoying a little cupcake!

Matt relocated the rocking chair, but Jonathan spied it and settled in for a little reading time.

Matt & I played outside one morning while Jonathan took a much needed morning nap. It was the beginning of the wind.


He found a push broom in the garage and it was game on!


Wind, trucks, driveways, push broom... what more could a boy want?


Nana got in a bit of spoiling while we were in town, of course. She introduced the boys to Nilla Wafers. She taught Jonathan all about dipping cookies in milk.

He was digging the dipping!


He looks a bit guilty, as if he knows how much fun it is to see how many cookies he can get Nana to give him.


On the windiest day of our visit we got out and went to the playground.


Jonathan was at home on the swing.


The look I love! There's a familiar one in December with a Santa hat on.


The boys were mesmerized by a battery operated fan that Pawpaw had.


Matt wanted to figure out what that "triangle thing" was for in "Jonathan's room".

He figured it out, but I didn't dare show him how to use the pool cue.


The boys got a couple of dinners and some play time with their cousins while we were there. Matt spent a lot of time with Dom and I think he was showing him how to draw something in this picture. I should have gotten a picture of the look on Dom's face after the "drawing" was finished. It was priceless!


We had a good visit up in Oklahoma, but headed back to Dallas for a bit more time with my dad and stepmother before we headed down to our new house!

No comments: