Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Birthday weekend!

We were getting close to Matt's birthday and Thanksgiving and we invited Grandma to join us for some of the festivities before Nana & Pawpaw arrived for Thanksgiving.  

Grandma read them bedtime stories during her visit and was able to stay for the party too!


Matt wanted his party somewhere fun, full of lots of things to do.  I think we found it!  We had it at Pump It Up and Matt was so excited!  

Here are the boys watching the safety video.  Can you tell, Nick was really into it?


Continuing the Phineas & Ferb theme from Halloween, we got Matt a Perry the Platypus shirt for the occasion.


Having fun yet?


Looks like little brother was having some fun too!


Who's driving that car?  It's our sweet neighbor Parker!


I had to take a break from the party and make sure things were going okay with the cake and snacks!  I also had to put the finishing touches on Matt's cake.  


Matt and I brainstormed about the tree for a while, and I think it turned out much like we planned!  Nothing like a Milky Way with a cupcake on top, decorated to make a tree!  He wanted a fence too, but since I am not a professional baker, and we already went a bit beyond my capabilities, I had to stop him there.


Back to the party room!  Nick took a few turns on the big slide!


The gang took a group picture before they headed in for snacks and cake.


The silly pic!


Matt wanted so badly to play something like pin the tail on the donkey, so he and I brainstormed and got creative again.  I helped him draw the pic for the game and he painted it.



Little did we know, he loves the royal treatment!  He didn't leave the chair until the party was over.


Party favors, oh my!


Yes, Mommy went a bit overboard and not only made the cake, but because of the them, insisted there be theme related cookies as favors.  Well, there aren't Phineas & Ferb cookie cutters, so what did the over the top mommy do?  I made them!  


Everything turned out great in the end, but I think this was the beginning of my putting an end to the big birthday celebrations!  I need someone to reign me in and get me under control before the birthday season hits the Trevino house again.  Please hold me to my word!  I don't mind adding cute things, thematic details, or making a cake... I just need it to be a bit lower key so I can keep my sanity!  ;)

No comments: