Monday, August 01, 2011

Cézanne and Homer in the making?

I was a bit addicted to a shopping site for a while, and got some great deals on products I never would have otherwise tried. One of them is GLOB, and it's been great fun. Non-toxic, plant based paint powder you can make into your own colors and consistencies and not have to worry about what's getting into their little bodies while they fingerpaint. One day recently, we got them out again and the boys went to town at their easel.

Matt decided to paint from a picture on his new set of Angels' baseball cards. Of course, he had just been riding his bike outside and must have thought the helmet was still necessary for painting.

Jonathan went for more of an abstract. For a while, it looked like a tree of some sort.

Proud of his work of art?

There was grass, and dirt, and then had to create the player.

His inspiration is clipped above him.

Not a tree any more...

The beginning of the red helmet...

Both pictures are framed in our hall right now, and I will have to post pictures when I think about it. They enjoyed it! I have a hard time pushing art and fine motor activities on them (it's like they think they are in therapy or something, geesh), but I get so excited when they choose something on their own and enjoy it so much! Some day maybe they will let me break out their handwriting workbooks again! I promise it will make school that much more fun, really, I do!

No comments: