Back in April, we bought a voucher for whale watching. Why not? We live nearby and none of us had ever been before. Well, I wasn't sure if I was going to make it out of the marina very far. I had a bit of white knuckling going on for a while. Good thing it was a short 2 hour trip, right?
They sure are my pride and joy! (even with scowls) Jonathan wasn't quite sure he was going to enjoy the trip.
Still trying to convince us he wasn't going to enjoy this boating adventure.
Our first marine life observations.
We were out there for about 1 1/2 hours and hadn't seen much and then the captain came on the speaker with some news that we'd be taking a turn and heading out toward what was reported to be a humpback whale. He told us to make phone calls and cancel any immediate plans because we'd be late getting back. I was a bit leery because I couldn't handle the water still, but when I saw the whale, somehow the movement seemed to lessen.
It even came by and waved at us. It was amazing to see it try to entertain us.
The day wasn't the clearest of days, but the sun came out a bit as we ventured further off shore.
Trying out my camera was fun, for Nick. I couldn't hang with the moving boat, worrying about the boys on the boat, and trying to take pictures. He was in charge of the "good camera" that day and I think he did a great job!
More of the amazing whale. It was incredible to see such wildlife in its natural environment, so close to us.
Smiles all around after the whale sighting.
Even Jonathan showed his smiles!
Even facing the camera with the smile!
The boys had a blast in the end.
My little curly headed, smiley boy!
He makes me smile even when he tries to hide his smile.
They don't look alike, do they?
No comments:
Post a Comment