I sure wasn't thinking this year when I signed us up for the neighborhood Easter egg hunt. It was during nap time, a large production with lots of people, and it was hot. The triple whammy hit and Jonathan was not happy.
I got a few smiles when we stopped by one of the booths and he was able to throw some baseballs.
Jonathan was not interested in getting involved in his age group's egg hunt, until after the crowd dispersed and the eggs were all picked up, so we took our tears and pouty face to the playground to wait for Matt's age group.
Matt befriended a boy a the playground and was able to negotiate some play time with his trucks. Again with the funny expressions when he caught me taking his picture.
Matt was requested to grab a few eggs for his brother, as Jonathan declared he was out of this one as well.
There wasn't as much excitement over the egg hunt as I had hoped, but the three of us made it through and will think deeply about it before signing up next year. I am a little scarred.
No comments:
Post a Comment