Monday, June 28, 2010

All 4 Jake


Back in April, we joined up with a few old friends from high school, and many more, to form a team for the Stroll for Epilepsy at the Dallas Zoo. A friend from high school has a son who has been diagnosed with Doose Syndrome, which is a type of epilepsy that is often resistant to medication. You can read more about Jake and the amazing Peters family on their blog.

The boys were a bit unsure about the zoo that day. It was amazing how many people had gathered to support such an great cause. They started out by doing a bit of climbing.

Nick was a trooper, coming along to something I had agreed to support, when it was the morning after we moved. It was a tough morning for us all, but we had to be there!

The monkeys are always a hit with our littlest monkey

Who's your daddy?

Amazement clouded by grumpiness for most of the morning. I was glad to catch him truly amazed by the animals in this shot.

Matt & Nick rode the carousel while Jonathan and I watched and made faces as they came around!

One of the faces he was giving to his daddy. "Blehhhh!"

Getting a better view!

Daddy's still got you, Jon!

We took long naps that day, but it was great to be a part of such a meaningful day. We were able to see old friends of mine I hadn't seen in years! Great to reunite with so many!

No comments: