Friday, December 19, 2008

Mommy, Matt, & Santa!

There were a few Christmas celebrations around town a couple of weeks ago, so I narrowed it down and decided to try one with Matt by ourselves. We left Jonathan & Nick at home and headed out for our "special fieldtrip". He wasn't sure what to expect, but I think he had a good time!

Casa Romantica, a local cultural center and beautiful building situated overlooking the coast, had a caroling, tree lighting, and Christmas display. We went to see what it was all about. Matt quickly found the room with the train, and stayed there for a while. We went back to that room twice and were able to get away with a quick "goodnight, trains" on the last one.


It is amazing what a train can do to a boy! He was just so amazed and entertained.


Not so entertaing, and a bit scary, was Santa. We waited in the short line and I tried to get a photo, but I had to jump in for interference. Santa even had to dole out a lollipop to try to get Matt to come closer to him. This was supposed to be our warm up for his Christmas program at school and Santa's visit there.

No comments: