Friday, October 17, 2008

9 months (a month ago!)

Jonathan is 3 days shy of being 10 months, so I thought I should finally get around to updating on how things are going with him and his stats from his check up (about 3 weeks ago). I'm a bit behind on a lot around here!

Jonathan is doing well. At his check up he weighed 22 pounds, 1 ounce and was 29 1/2" long. He's a big boy, and is in the 70th and 80th percentiles. His head circumference is in the 80th percentile, so he's growing into it! He has recently started getting his belly off the ground, on his hands and knees, but hasn't started moving. That is, unless you count lunging forward, head first without moving arms! YIKES! He does well moving around on his belly both in circles and backwards, but the forward movement is still a mystery to him! Matt was the same way. On the way out of the room, the doctor said goodbye and Jonathan quickly looked her way and said "ba". We looked at each other to verify if we both heard it. It was a surprise to me as he had just started waving shortly before that. He also recently started signing "milk" and I think I have heard a variation of "all done" a few times now. We're anxious to get him talking or at least signing, so maybe we can stop the squealing (see below)!

He's got 4 teeth with two more on the way, so he's a drooling mess right now! He eats everything in sight, which is a blessing since he's still squealing at an octive that might break glass one of these days! It's usually when he's happy that he squeals, unless of course he's run out of food in front of him or you're feeding him too slowly. What are we going to do when our boys are teenagers???

Here are a couple of pictures from some playtime one morning on the floor in our bedroom. You can't see all the teeth, but they're there! Believe me!


I think this was one of few times when his mouth is closed! Notice the drool.

No comments: