It just hit me this weekend that I am going back to work next week! YIKES! I have been off since December 6th and my mind has been really off since Jonathan was born. Apparently I suffer from "momnesia". I think the work routine will be good for all of us! I found a clinic with a daycare on site, and they also have a preschool where Matt will go every morning. He'll join Jonathan around lunchtime and for nap. I am excited to get started and see how Matt does in his new environment.
Since I'll be back at work, I figured we'd better do some special things this week while we have the time. Jonathan was napping this morning, so Matt & I took advantage of the rare one on one playtime and went out back. I introduced him to one of my favorite activities - play with cornstarch and water! He dove in and loved it!
Here we are, starting out. Matt had no idea what I had in store for him.
Since I'll be back at work, I figured we'd better do some special things this week while we have the time. Jonathan was napping this morning, so Matt & I took advantage of the rare one on one playtime and went out back. I introduced him to one of my favorite activities - play with cornstarch and water! He dove in and loved it!
Here we are, starting out. Matt had no idea what I had in store for him.
Enter the water, and the game was on!
Midway through, he had to make sure I was getting messy too, so he asked me to join in with both hands as well as pouring some of the mixture onto my hands. I looked at him to tell him how much I enjoyed playing with him. Tears came to my eyes when his reply was "me too, Mommy!" I just love motherhood!
It was time to clean up, and I intended to have Matt scrape the patio with me to start the cleaning process, but he had different plans and just added the scraper to the mixture.
No comments:
Post a Comment