Just a little update on the boys: Matt is doing well with being a big brother, and he's loving all the adventures we get to have with me at home. We have gone to the park (weather permitting), story time at the library, and various errands including Matt's new favorite - the Post Office! Jonathan is still getting the hang of things and is in the process of developing a schedule with naps more so than just drifting off all the time. Awake time is getting to be fun, with lots of smiles and we swear he's on the verge of laughing any day now. Last night he gave me the best gift of all... he slept 10 hours in a row! I couldn't believe it when I woke up to his cries at 5:45 this morning. I had to rack my brain to figure out if I had gone upstairs to feed him or not. I didn't remember doing it, so I am assuming that he slept the whole time! Tonight he's sleeping in the swing. You can't win them all, he's only 8 weeks old now, what do we expect?
We decided to finally take advantage of the Children's Museum of Houston and see what it had in store for Matt. We took the boys up there and Matt had a blast exploring everything. Matt & Nick had to hang by themselves for much of the visit as Jonathan decided to be awake and therefore hungry while we were inside. I had bottle duty and the boys played and ran around.
We decided to finally take advantage of the Children's Museum of Houston and see what it had in store for Matt. We took the boys up there and Matt had a blast exploring everything. Matt & Nick had to hang by themselves for much of the visit as Jonathan decided to be awake and therefore hungry while we were inside. I had bottle duty and the boys played and ran around.
Matt went shopping in the grocery store. Nick had to constantly tell him what was on the list, kind of like at the real grocery store.
Then he got to go milk a cow. It didn't take much demonstration from Nick, and he went to town. That boy loves his milk!
After a long morning, Matt was getting a bit delirious as we waiting in the car for Nick to get some much awaited Tri-tip sirloin at Central Market. He had his museum sticker on his hand until I talked him into putting it on his nose. He'll love this picture when I pull it out for his girlfriend in about 14 years!
Jonathan was a bit tuckered out himself. He "lost it", like Matt always says about the pacifier, but he was able to hang in there with a nap until about 10 minutes until we got home. I hate having to soothe an infant from the front seat of the car. Imagine a giant hand coming at you, not really knowing from where it comes. Yeah, that's calming! We managed to get him back to sleep until we got home.
No comments:
Post a Comment