Friday, October 12, 2007

New favorites

These days it's easy to figure out what Matt is doing in the house. There are really only 2 things he does on a regular basis at home without prompting, which are watching "Finding Nemo" and reading "Mat Man". I really don't know how the whole Nemo thing started, but he is a real addict. I can tear him away for meals and he definitely plays while watching (at times), but he just loves that movie right now. "Mat Man" is a book from the Handwriting Without Tears program I use with the kids at work. I recently went to the preschool training and came home with some of the tools and introduced them to Matt knowing he isn't of preschool age yet, but what can it hurt? He fell in love with Mat Man, and that includes his new favorite book, making Mat Man out of the wooden pieces as well as listening to the song non-stop in the car.

Here he is with all of his remotes out ready for us to turn on Nemo, and reading his Mat Man book while waiting on us! His favorite word in the book is now "octagon", which he says for virtually every shape with a big grin on his face! I guess he likes the way it sounds when he says it.


Occasionally, we can get him to play with other toys while downstairs. He loves legos now and loves to build cars with his new set we got him.

He also recently discovered that it is fun to wear the container as a hat!

Here he goes, running away from me with his new hat on.


It's dark and blurry, but if you enlarge it you can see the blurry figure with the neon green hat, running down the hallway! He is such a goof ball! He keeps us laughing, and I can only hope that the next little has a sense of humor like Matt!

No comments: