Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Sacramento Zoo

While in Sacramento, I was able to visit with a good friend over lunch and then meet up with the boys and my mom for a trip to the zoo! The boys had a blast.

We had to stop and measure wingspan.


I love that they weren't quite tall enough to keep their hands out of the hole!

I wish I'd had my own camera along for this one! My mom had her camera, but I think for this one, we needed 2 photographers to catch the different angles. The boys had the opportunity to feed giraffes! It was so cool! They went and paid for it while my mom and I stood and supervised.

The look on Matt's face was incredible as the giraffe took the leaves from him. See, 2 perspectives needed...

Jonathan was cracking up at the giraffe's tongue the whole time.

They just weren't connecting, so the giraffe problem solved when he realized Jonathan just wasn't going to get him the leaves above the railing.

Checking out the zebras.

What?

The zookeeper has grown extra shoulders and arms where only his head should be!

Next to the giraffes, this tractor proved to be the most interesting part of the zoo. We used a few quarters for them to ride in it, and then they just amused themselves for quite a while without any movement. It was great!

There were some great sharing moments during their playtime in the tractor. They convinced each other to ride along, took turns, and genuinely had fun with each other. There were a few minor rough patches, but all in all, it was nice to sit back and watch two brothers that like each other and enjoy each other's company!

No comments: