In late June, the boys and I jumped in the car for a short 8 hour drive to honor someone very special, my grandmother! It was her 89th birthday, and she is the only one of her generation on either side of my family. She's such a special lady for both me and Nick. We just had to celebrate her birthday with her. Unfortunately, Nick couldn't join us, but we represented well. My mom requested any and all of her cousins to join us for a lunch, as well as my aunt and uncle. We surprised her, not only with the amount of family joining us for lunch, but the fact that the boys and I were there. The hug was priceless that day!
My mom's cousin Susan and her husband Chuck
My mom, her cousin Bruce and his wife Kathy, who gave me a warm welcome and a place to stay once when I had a patient receiving therapy not too far from their house.
The restaurant brought Grandma a big sundae and Gracie (my cousin Kara's daughter, named after my niece) was on hand in case she wanted to share!
I think she was a little overwhelmed, but seemed to enjoy the lunch.
She took a bite...
And then shared with her great grandchildren and what we determined was their 5th cousins. I think the kids were grateful!
I've never seen children share so well!
Me, Grandma and photo-bomber Gracie!
She is such a ham! Jonathan was not happy with me holding someone other than him.
We had a great time with everyone and a good visit with Grandma during our few days in town. She's such a sweet woman, and pretty funny when she wants to be! Love her!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment