Friday, September 04, 2009

Bringing Work Home

When all I've done for the last 10 years is work with others' children, it's hard not to sometimes feel like I should be stepping it up and bring a little of that work creativity home to the boys. Now that I'm home with them full time, we have time to explore some of that. This summer's heat encouraged some indoor creativity!

The boys have really gotten into legos and are beginning to do more fine motor play with me. Matt is still a bit resistant to crafts and coloring, so legos will do for now!





Somehow, there's always a forklift involved!



So, enough with fine motor and pretend play, let's get to the rough stuff! Time for some crashing!!!

We got all of the spare pillows in the house and piled them up along with Matt's "friends" (all his stuffed animals) and built a mountain for some good crashing.


The boys were rolling around and crashing for what seemed like hours. Matt is a big blur in this picture!


Going in for the big crash at the top!


It was a big job for me to make sure I monitored closely to make sure no heads bonked!



Messy time with some shaving cream!!!



While Jonathan tries to eat the shaving cream, Matt points out how to draw with his finger.


What? I'm not supposed to eat the shaving cream?


Jonathan is still trying to convince me that eating it is a good idea. Matt is now covered on his right arm, but going to town to draw with his left.


Jonathan begins to draw.


Matt starts drawing with his elbows!






Oh no, not the feet!



When we were done there was quite a mess on Nick's closet doors, but it was a well earned bath time for all! The mirrors took a bit to return to normal, but it was worth all of it!

No comments: