Sunday, August 24, 2008

Orange County Fair

On the last day of the Orange County Fair, we made the last minute decision to head up to the fair with the boys. For such a spontaneous trip, it turned out great. We got there when the fair opened and left before the big crowds came. We were all worn out after our time there, but everyone had a good time!

Here's Matt on his first official ride. He's much more of a trooper with rides than I have ever been. He loved riding in the helicopter, but when he realized it was going to go up and not just around, he was a bit scared. He made it through and even asked for more rides.


Jonathan was having a bit of trouble taking his bottle with all of the distractions, but he had no trouble smiling with his daddy for a picture!


The things that only a daddy can get away with includes the biggest ferris wheel I have ever seen. Nick talked Matt into riding it with him. Jonathan and I waited safely on the ground while they rode on the giant ferris wheel.



Here was their view of the fair from about midway up the ferris wheel.


One thing about fairs is the love of gluttony! You see foods you would never see anywhere else, including quantity, anything fried, and some really strange combinations! Here's an example of the crazy quantity you see. Check out that grill!

Chicken AND waffles, a winning combination. Check out the "Totally Fried" section on the left. Everyone needs a fried White Castle burger, not to mention a fried Twinkie! We didn't try any of them, although I was curious what they might taste like, but my better judgment kicked in!


This booth had EVERYTHING you ever wanted fried! I just can't believe the variety all at one stop. You can have a whole fried meal and a heart attack at the same booth!

No comments: